close
alv_tau ad Apply Online Apply Online
Home > About Bharathair University > View Comments
Forum Jump :
About Bharathair University
Submitted by Jasmine on 30/05/2009 - 02:07 PM
The Bharathiar University was established at Coimbatore by the Government of Tamilnadu in February, 1982 under the provision of the Bharathiar University Act, 1981 (Act 1 of 1982). The Postgraduate Centre of the University of Madras, which was functioning in Coimbatore before 1982 formed the core of the Bharathiar University.

The University is situated at the backdrop of Maruthamalai Hills in the Western Ghat range, in a sprawling campus of 1000 acres of land. 15 kms. from the City of Coimbatore. As of now the University has 119 affiliated colleges, 81 Arts and Science Colleges, 30 are Colleges of Education, 7 Management institutions and 1 Air Force Administration College. In addition, there are 19 Research Institutes of the State and Central Governments, which are recognized by this University for research purpose. And all these institutions cater to the educational needs of more than 1,50,000 students and research scholars.

This university offers lot of courses for both PG and UG level in all streams. Research programs like Ph.D and M.Phil programs are also offered in all subjects. Distant Education programmes are also available in the campus.
forum
study india Bharathiar university
Submitted by Thomas on 02/06/2009 - 04:22 PM Reply
I am much eager to know more about Bharathiar University. I have heard from my friends that it has good standard of education. I am interested in doing some research works, can u provide me with the details.
Submitted by Thomas on 02/06/2009 - 04:22 PM Reply
About Us  -   About ICC  -   Contact Us  -   Feedback  -   FAQ  -   Privacy Policy  -   Terms and Conditions  -   Sitemap
Partner Universities : Study MBBS in CHINA  -   Study Engineering in CHINA  -   Study MBBS in Philippines  -   Study Engineering in Philippines