close
alv_tau ad Apply Online Apply Online
Home > About LSAT Test > View Comments
Forum Jump :
About LSAT Test
Submitted by Sandhya on 04/06/2009 - 04:14 PM
The LSAT, or Law School Admission Test, is a standardized test generally required for admission to American Bar Association (ABA) approved and often non-ABA approved law schools in the U. S. and Canada. It is administered by the Law School Admission Council, Inc. The test serves as a standardized measurement of the reading and verbal reasoning skills needed for law school. The LSAT consists of five multiple choice sections and one writing sample section. Each of these parts is 35 minutes long. Every multiple choice section is similar in that contains one portion about reading comprehension, one employing analytical reasoning, and two utilizing logical reasoning. Only 4 out of 5 multiple choice sections are actually scored; the random remaining section is a pretest. The score scale is from 120 to 180. The remaining section consists of a writing sample which is not scored ; however, the essay is sent to the law schools to which you have applied.

The LSAT is given 4 times a year, generally on Saturdays, and is a half-day in length. There are also Monday replacement dates for Saturday Sabbath observers. The cost is $118 U. S. or $151 Canadian. The LSAT can be taken a maximum of three times in a 2 year period. As well, you are usually required to register for the Law School Data Assembly Service (LSDAS) , which assembles candidate admission data beyond just the LSAT for an additional $109 U. S. Score reports are available online within 3 weeks of the test or by mail within 4 weeks.
forum
Why should I take the SAT Subject Tests?
Submitted by Jenni on 13/06/2009 - 03:41 PM Reply
Hi all, i want to know what is SAT test and why should i take the test.
Submitted by Jenni on 13/06/2009 - 03:41 PM Reply
SAT Test
Submitted by Sandhya on 13/06/2009 - 03:52 PM Reply
Hi Jenni, i think you have wrongly posted under the heading LSAT. No probs..actually SAT means Subject Attitude Test. The SAT Subject Tests give colleges a more objective way to evaluate what students know and can do in particular subject areas. These tests are intended to supplement, not replace, students high school records and other information in assessing the students' readiness for college-level work.
Submitted by Sandhya on 13/06/2009 - 03:52 PM Reply
LSAT Test
Submitted by Steve on 06/06/2009 - 12:34 PM Reply
Hi friend, can u tell me how to prepare for this test?
Submitted by Steve on 06/06/2009 - 12:34 PM Reply
About Us  -   About ICC  -   Contact Us  -   Feedback  -   FAQ  -   Privacy Policy  -   Terms and Conditions  -   Sitemap
Partner Universities : Study MBBS in CHINA  -   Study Engineering in CHINA  -   Study MBBS in Philippines  -   Study Engineering in Philippines