close
alv_tau ad Apply Online Apply Online
Home > About Pediatric Nursing > View Comments
Forum Jump :
About Pediatric Nursing
Submitted by on 15/06/2009 - 05:10 PM
Pediatric nursing:

Pediatric nursing can take you from intensive care of a newborn baby with breathing problems, to looking after a six-foot tall adolescent whose leg has been broken in a soccer match.

The reason you're there as a children nurse is because children are not just mini adults, their bodies and minds work in different ways. The onset of symptoms can be sudden and extreme. Because children are still growing, the impact of the illness or injury on their development has to be taken into account.

And because they are young, they may be more scared or confused by what is happening to them. That's why they need pediatric nurses who understand their particular needs. Pediatric nursing can sometimes involve managing distress. A rich mix of emotions often surrounds child illness such as panic anxiety, anger, powerlessness, and guilt. You'll play a key part in helping families come through their crisis.

Entry Requirements:

Normal minimum age of entry 17 ½ years of age with five GCSE ( General Certificate of Secondary Education ) passes or equivalent at grade C or above in English language or literature and a science subject. The NHS and education sector welcomes people with alternative academic and vocational qualifications.
forum
Best course
Submitted by saraan on 01/07/2014 - 08:47 PM Reply
 This is the best course in nursing as i know.You can get more and more opening in gulf country if you have very good hand on exp.means.
Submitted by saraan on 01/07/2014 - 08:47 PM Reply
How to become a Pediatric Nurse?
Submitted by Sriju on 04/07/2009 - 05:10 PM Reply
Hi friends,
I would like to pursue nursing and take my career as pediatric nurse, please tell me how to become a pediatric Nurse? Is there any special study after nursing course?
Submitted by Sriju on 04/07/2009 - 05:10 PM Reply
Ways to develop Career in Pediatric nurse
Submitted by Divya on 04/07/2009 - 05:14 PM Reply
Ways to develop career in Pediatric Nurse:
  • The easiest way to become a pediatric nurse is to apply to work in a site that serves pediatric patients and receive your specialized training there.
  • In some hospital they offer a 3 month program for new nursing graduates that includes both classroom and clinical training specifically in pediatrics.
  • Once you have graduated, you can also take an exam to become a Certified Pediatric Nurse. There are also special classes that address Pediatrics.
Submitted by Divya on 04/07/2009 - 05:14 PM Reply
About Us  -   About ICC  -   Contact Us  -   Feedback  -   FAQ  -   Privacy Policy  -   Terms and Conditions  -   Sitemap
Partner Universities : Study MBBS in CHINA  -   Study Engineering in CHINA  -   Study MBBS in Philippines  -   Study Engineering in Philippines